Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer Daze

It's the beginning of the second week of August, which means there are only 4 weeks left of summer before the kids go back to school. I've just said goodbye to my friend and her 4 kids who were visiting from Philly for the past week. Now it's time to shake off the summer complacency and assess my plans for the remainder of the summer.

And that means I'm asking the kids what they will write about their summer vacation when they go back to school in September. "We didn't do anything," is the answer I fear the most, even though I know it's not true. We've been to the beach several times, gone to movies, been to Crazy Bounce, been out for pizza, etc., but since we haven't taken a family vacation this summer, they don't think we've done anything. But wait! One of them went to camp for 12 days and the other two spent a week with Gram and Gramps in Massachusetts, yet they still want a family vacation with Mom, Dad and the 3 boys.

So now I'm looking at the calendar and seeing if we can squeeze in a mini family vacation before the end of the summer daze.

No comments:

Post a Comment